Wednesday, January 7, 2009

We Dont 'Do' Coffee

Last night I met my gorgeous friend Carolyn (aka Fuzz) for a rare dinner date, while Hubby Mark stayed home with Baby Naomi.
Naomi was not asleep when I left so I was immediately less than relaxed. And I had a little bit of guilt hanging overhead ... not about leaving daddy + bub ... but because the restaurant I had booked was a new uber-cool venture now thriving in the same space where a friend's restaurant had failed.
But all my tension evaporated when I stepped through the old wooden doors of The Rum Diaries! The place has been completely transformed and feels like an eccentric Havana supper club. The decor, Carolyn's stories and a fantastic Mojito immediately relaxed me and we had a fantastic evening. Delicious food too (tapas fusion)!
Looking around, it was certainly a bit of a Bondi beautiful people scene, but the staff were so friendly and unpretentious that I realised .... this place was actually cool, not just trying to be cool!
So, even when at the end of the night upon ordering coffee, we were told 'Sorry, we don't do coffee' - I was not put out. Instead I thought - yes, that's cool. It makes perfect sense ... of course they don't. Cheese plate and another cocktail anyone?

http://www.therumdiaries.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment