Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Who?!




There is a new Dr Who!


Although not a huge fan, I felt tingles of nostalgia when I saw a news story on the new Dr Who. The previous Drs (and there have been many) were flashed up on the screen and I realised that they were not only time lords ... they were time capsules!

I loved the 3rd and 4th doctors - Jon Pertwee & Tom Baker ... a snapshot of the 70's and early 80's. The 5th doctor - Peter Davison - also looked familiar but it turns out this is because he also played Tristan Farnon in the series 'All Creatures Great and Small' - also a childhood fave of mine.

As for Drs 6-9 .... no idea. Then came Dr 10 ... David Tennant ... whom I found strangely sexy while I was pregnant and confined to the couch watching random TV programmes such as ... well ... Dr Who!

So - good luck Dr 11 - Matt Smith. May the 2010 generation love you as we loved your previous incarnations!

No comments:

Post a Comment