Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Mum Angst


Feeling a bit angst-ridden today. I have been doing the mum thing for over 7 months now but things change every day so I still feel like such a novice. Today Baby Naomi gagged on gristle I had failed to notice in a lovely pureed lamb stew I had made. Hubby Mark has admitted to being terrified of choking so between us, the scene was quite dramatic! We also visited his 90+ y.o. Booba who had the following golden oldie pearls of wisdom for me (everyone's an expert on babies it seems!):
- what's happened to all her hair (while licking her fingers and pawing Naomi's head)
- she is looking around because she has never been here before (not true!!)
- its a pity she can't hold a biscuit (why?)
- is she having orange juice (again .. why?)
- her teeth are coming (pretty safe bet)
- is she saying any words (she is 7 months old!!)
- don't let her stand up too much she will get bow legs (great - another thing to worry about).
I have a clinic appointment this week with the wonderful community nurses at Bondi so I hope they are ready to hear all about it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment