Saturday, June 20, 2009

Long time no post!


Well it feels like ages since I last blogged ... the last 6 weeks have been very ... well ... very.


Baby Naomi turned 1 and I became obsessed with the new parent right of passage - a party with an elaborate cake that she will never remember but that cause quite a lot of stress for us! It all went well but I felt the relief lift off my shoulders the next day. Add to this uni studies, working (a little bit) and Hubby Mark on the job hunt merry-go-round again and I wonder why I feel anxiety.


I had a nice hot bath today after a Thai massage this morning and dug out my copy of Alain De Botton's 'Consolations of Philosophy', took a deep breath and hoped to be consoled. I read the chapter on frustration ... and realised that my hope to be consoled is an example of where I keep going wrong. "We will cease to be so angry once we cease to be so hopeful". Not quite sure what I should do instead ... need to keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment